Ericom Announces First Pure HTML5 Client for VMware View - Beta Version Available Now
Instant access to VMware View virtual desktops possible from any web browser supporting HTML5 - no software installation required on the end-user device
Beta Details and Registration
Closter, NJ, (March 30, 2011) - Ericom Software, a global leader in Application Access and Desktop Virtualization solutions, today announced the availability of a beta version of a patent-pending HTML5 client for VMware View – the first VDI solution to work natively with Chrome, Safari and other browsers with HTML5 and WebSocket support. The solution does not require Java, Flash, Silverlight or any other underlying technology.
HTML5 technology enables development of rich, highly interactive browser-based applications. Ericom has developed a fully functional, high-performance HTML5 client that enables seamless access to VMware View virtual desktops. Running wholly within the browser, the client runs on devices with an HTML5 compatible browser and requires no additional software installation on the end-user device.
Ericom’s pure HTML5 client for VMware View provides multiple benefits to organizations of all sizes, as well as to Cloud desktops and DaaS providers, including:
- Support for Windows, Linux, Mac and Chrome OS (HTML5 client is the only way to support Google’s Chrome OS)
- Runs on netbooks, desktops, laptops and thin clients, and supports Intel x86, ARM or any other CPU architecture
- Looks and works the same way on all supported device types, thus reducing training and help desk costs
- Enables IT staff to publish desktops to end-points, for which native VMware View clients either do not exist or cannot be created (e.g., Google Chrome OS)
- Can be deployed to locked-down end-points, kiosks and computers for which the user does not have administrative privileges
- Simple, easy and inexpensive to maintain - does not require any infrastructure for deployment, upgrades or patches – simply put new version on the server.
- Includes Ericom Blaze RDP Compression and Acceleration technology
Brian Berns, Ericom Software’s President and COO commented: “Eliminating the need to install and maintain VMware View client software provides direct cost savings, ease of implementation, enhanced security and wider platform support that will accelerate the adoption of View. We are proud to be the first company to provide this exciting, breakthrough technology, enabling virtual desktop access to become intuitive, flexible and above all – simple.“
Scott Brousseau, Senior VP & CTO of PBG Networks, a VMware partner and an Ericom Partner commented: “As a VMware partner with a focus on VMware View, we are very excited with this new offering from Ericom. Ericom’s HTML5 client will definitely enable more VMware View deployments, empowering users to access their desktops on-demand, from virtually anywhere, and through any means of web access.” Brousseau added “We have implemented Ericom’s PowerTerm WebConnect as an alternative to Citrix XenApp at many sites and they have consistently delivered quality and innovative technology.“
To participate in the Beta program for Ericom HTML5 Client for VMware View, please visit: http://www.ericom.com/html5_client_vmware_view
Ericom Software is a leading global provider of Application Access and Virtualization Solutions. Since 1993, Ericom has been helping users access enterprise mission-critical applications running on a broad range of Microsoft® Windows® Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, legacy hosts and other systems. With offices in the US, UK, EMEA, India and China, Ericom also has an extensive worldwide network of distributors and partners. Our expanding customer base is more than 30 thousand strong, with over 8 million users. For more information about Ericom and its products, please visit: http://www.ericom.com
Ericom US Contact
Ericom UK Contact
+44 845 644 3597